There is a vacancy for a Parish Councillor. Would you like to become a Parish Councillor ? If you have a strong interest in your local community and would like to help shape the future of Hook and influence what residents’ money is spent on then this is the role for you.
The time required to carry out the role varies depending on individual interests and Committee involvement. Attending relevant meetings and actively responding to emails is essential. A commitment to attend training, support Council activities and events would also be expected. Meetings and community activities can take place during the day, evening or weekends.
Full Council meets monthly on a Wednesday evening.
There are three Committees:
- Planning & Infrastructure (P&I) meets fortnightly
- Environment & Community (E&C) meetings monthly
- Finance, Strategy & Resources (FSR) meeting alternate months
To be considered to join the Council please write to the Executive Officer with a summary about yourself including:
- how long you have lived or worked in Hook
- your reasons for wishing to become a councillor
- previous community involvement or council experience
- any other skills you can bring to the Council
- your interests and recent career history.
The closing date for applications is 15th September. Candidates will be invited to an informal information evening on 28th September to meet Councillors and the Executive Officer. Co-option will take place at the Parish Council meeting on 1st November 2017.
Please contact the Executive Officer, Anne Atkins, for more information or a chat about this rewarding role