HOOK’S HEALTH & WELLBEING EVENT
A FREE event on Saturday 20th May at Hook Community Centre from 11am to 5pm:
- Over 30 exhibitors featuring the Police ‘Battle Bus’ with children activities, Sexual Health Team, exercise and other local groups
- FREE First aid and Defibrillator training
- Talks on Meditation, Health and Nutrition, the Princess Trust for Carers, Hampshire Constabulary and more
- Tesco will be hosting a snack area selling drinks and light bites e.g. pizza, sausage rolls, homemade cakes (made by the Hook in Bloom volunteers) with all proceeds from the snack area going to Hook in Bloom
- The Base will be providing entertainment and free fruit kebabs for children (6 yrs +) from 12 noon – 2pm, so parents can attend talks and browse the exhibition without distraction
- There is an opportunity for all to try out our ‘Smoothie Bike’ and create a delicious fruit drink whilst exercising.
The talks and demonstrations have limited capacity and, last year, the First Aid training proved extremely popular. Therefore, please arrive early to secure your place.
Again, we are able to hold this event, thanks to funding from the Big Lottery Fund ‘Awards for All’ grant scheme. Last year’s feedback from both exhibitors and visitors revealed that it was a great village networking opportunity.
Leaflets detailing the timetable for the talks and demonstrations will be coming through your door soon. Details will also be on our website and Facebook page.
ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING
The Annual Village Meeting is on Wednesday 24th May. Of special interest this year is the Hart Local Plan and concept ideas for replacement of the Wellworth Park play equipment. These will be displayed prior to the main exhibition, when members of the Council will also be available. Timings for the evening are:
- 7.00 – 8.00 pm Local Plan and play area display
- 8.00 – 8.30 pm Reception and exhibition
- 8.30 -10.00 pm Welcome and formal meeting
The meeting is not only a great way to meet other residents, whose paths you may not usually cross, but also an opportunity to meet some of the many organisations that provide local services and to have your say in ‘Hook’ matters.
HART LOCAL PLAN
Hart District Council announced that the six week consultation period on the Hart Local Plan will commence on the 26th April; we encourage residents to respond. Hook Parish Council will be holding a public consultation on Sunday 7th May between 11am – 4pm in Hall 3 at Elizabeth Hall. This will provide an opportunity to discuss Hart’s proposals with Parish Councillors, before the Council formulates its response to Hart’s Local Plan consultation. The proposals for Hook can also be viewed at the Annual Village Meeting. Information will remain on display outside the Parish Council Office at Hook Community Centre, until the end of the full consultation period. Please see Hart District Council and Hook Parish Councils’ websites for more information.
HOOK VILLAGE SHOW
The Parish Council is organising the Hartletts Park area of the Hook Village Show on Sunday 10th September. A group of councillors has formed a working party and if any local organisations would like a stand at the show please email Chris Terrey on the special email address he has set up for the purpose – . All proceeds from the event will go to Hook in Bloom.
SAVE THE DATES
- Hart Local Plan consultation – Sunday 7th May 2017, 11am – 4pm
- Hook Health & Wellbeing Day – Saturday, 20th May 2017, 11am – 5pm
- Hook Annual Village Meeting – Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 7pm
- Hook Village Show – Sunday, 10th September 2017, noon – 5pm