Our bus service has just got better! From 15th April Fleet Buzz/Stagecoach commenced a new no. 30/31, hourly service (Mon/Fri and Sat) from Basingstoke to Farnborough and Frimley Park Hospital. The route goes via Odiham, Church Crookham and Fleet and one Sat. service to The Meadows (Blackwater). Timetable leaflets have been made available at Hook Post Office, Trees newsagents, Hook Parish Council, The Elizabeth Hall and Community Centre, Inclusion (Dickson House), Tesco, online at www.fleetbuzz.co.uk and from bus companies. Journeys you can now take include:
- Hook to Basingstoke Bus Station (and return journeys) now takes 14 minutes.
- The first morning bus to Basingstoke is at 06.41 and then 7.21, 7.45, 8.15, 9.24, 9.59 and hourly 59 minutes past the hour until17.59.
- Basingstoke to Hook buses run from Basingstoke bus station at 45 minutes past the hour during the day until 16.45 and then17.20, 17.50, 18.20.
- Hook to Redfields Garden Centre (Crookham) takes 29 minutes.
- Hook to The Oatsheaf, Fleet High St., takes 40 minutes.
- Buses from Hook to Basingstoke run from opposite The Raven Hotel or The Old White Hart (A30 near the florist).
- Buses to Odiham, Fleet and Farnborough run from opposite The Old White Hart or from The Raven Hotel.
- The 100 bus has a new timetable (weekdays only) to connect with the 30/31 service.
- The 100 bus, Holt Park to The Raven Hotel, via A30, Geffery’s House runs at 09.11, 11.46, 13.46.
- The 100 bus, The Raven Hotel to Holt Park, Hartley Wintney, Yateley, Blackwater (Meadows) and Camberley Railway Stn. run at 09.27, 12.02, 14.02.
Fleet Buzz tickets are valid on Stagecoach services and (vice-versa) on common sections of the routes and between common points. Please be patient if there are some teething problems with the new timetables.
The tender process for the refurbishment of the Community Centre has now closed, with eight construction companies submitting bids. The bids were very competitively priced with less than 20% variation between the highest and lowest. Final evaluation and analysis of the project is expected to take until the end of May. Depending on the outcome, the Parish Council will then decide on the overall viability of the project and take the final decision to go ahead or seek further alternatives.
The analysis of the Parking Survey responses is underway. Thanks go to the large number of drivers and residents who responded and the volunteers who worked with us, turning out in all weathers to help with the survey. This enabled a comprehensive survey to be conducted at minimal cost. Further consultation will be arranged once the results are available later in May.
Hart District Local Plan: Core Strategy. This has now been submitted to the Secretary of State. The submission documents are available on the Council’s website at www.hart.gov.uk or via the link from the Parish Council website. The Core Strategy will be the subject of an examination by an independent inspector appointed by the Secretary of State. Details of the examination time, date and venue will be made available on the Council’s website in due course.
If you made representations on the Core Strategy (Pre-Submission version) the Programme Officer for the Examination, Robert Young, will contact you on behalf of the Planning Inspector in due course.
Hook Parish Council entered into Hampshire’s Street Lighting Private Finance Initiative (PFI) in 2010. Much of the lighting stock owned by Hook Parish Council is over 40 years old and the PFI represented a highly economic way of providing a consistent level of modern lighting throughout Hook. Under this initiative Hampshire County Council carry out a major work programme to improve street lighting across Hampshire in partnership with SSE Contracting. Old street lights and lanterns will either be completely replaced or lanterns upgraded. We have recently been advised that the programme of works to replace some of the columns will begin in Hook during May – 2 months earlier than previously expected. For more details about the work, please refer to Hampshire’s lighting website www.lightsoninhampshire.co.uk.
To assist in directing enquiries to the relevant officer, additional contact options are available. Please use the following addresses if you wish to contact the parish council regarding:
Anne Atkins – Clerk