Nominations for the Parish Council Election must be received at Hart District Council by 12 noon on Monday 4th April so time is running out! The list of those standing will be posted on Hart’s website on Thursday 7th April. The entire Council retires automatically every four years which means that a similar opportunity will next occur in 2015. Parish Clerk Anne Atkins can provide fuller information and the necessary form. The candidates will be available to meet residents at the Annual Village Meeting.
The Annual Village Meeting is at the Elizabeth Hall on Wednesday 27th April. Doors open at 8.00 pm with a chance to walk round and meet representatives from a wide range of local organisations. Refreshments will be provided. The numbers attending have grown over recent years to 130 in 2010 and we hope to see yet another increase this year. The number of exhibitors attending has also grown annually and the informal session before the meeting itself provides an excellent opportunity to chat to a wide range of organisations and to find out what they do within our Community. Exhibitors who have confirmed they will attend include:
- Hook Allotment Association following their highly successful launch in early March.
- Hook Care Group providing transport to enable the elderly to attend medical appointments.
- Hook Focus providing monthly news from Community organisations.
- Hook Local History group: the experts on “Old Hook”.
- Hook Patient Participation Group representing patient queries and views on future surgery plans.
- HVHCA managing the Elizabeth Hall and the Community Centre.
- Hook Neighbourhood Watch working with the Police for a safer Community.
- Hart District Council Dog Warden offering advice and encouraging responsible dog ownership.
- Hart Voluntary Action: projects supporting families and older people.
- Hampshire Constabulary.
- Hampshire County Council Highways.
- Hampshire Wildlife Trust: managers of Bassetts Mead.
- Advanced Motorist Group local branch.
- Odiham Cottage Hospital: latest news.
- RAF Odiham: home of the Chinook.
- The Base Youth Club.
- The Childrens Society: news of local projects.
- Hook Parish Council Consultation on the future of Christmas Lighting.
The meeting itself will commence at 8.45pm with responses to questions. Please submit questions by 20th April to or by post or by hand to the Parish Council Office so that any necessary research can be carried out and the most suitable person briefed to have an answer available. This will also help us to concentrate on the topics of greatest concern. Questions submitted on the night will be covered if time permits. Minutes of the 2010 meeting are available on the Parish Council website or can be obtained from the Parish Council Office. Paper copies will be available at the meeting.
Current members not standing again at the May Election also include Jeanne-Marie Steels who will continue her contribution to Youth work through The Base and Tim Colman a busy HR consultant in his day role who has contributed significantly to Parish Council work in the complex area of Human Resources.
Antony Hunter – Parish Councillor